Friday, July 24, 2020

Get Ready! The Rain is Coming!

Earlier this year, the Lord started putting on my heart to start asking for rain because the “rain” is coming. First He brought me in the Bible to 1 Kings 18 where there was a severe famine in the land and the prophet Elijah came to see King Ahab. Long story short, in verses 41-45, Elijah, knowing there was a famine and a need for rain, instructed Ahab in faith:

Go eat and drink for there is the sound of heavy rain. So Ahab went off to eat and drink, but Elijah climbed to the top of Mount *Carmel” (*place of victory)

At the top of the mountain Elijah worshipped the Lord, and spoke to his servant “Go and look toward the sea, he told his servant. And his servant went up and looked. “There is nothing there,” he said. Seven times Elijah said “go back.” The seventh time the servant reported, “a cloud as small as a man’s hand is rising from the sea.”
So Elijah said, “go and tell Ahab: “hitch up your chariot and go down before the rain stops you.” Meanwhile the sky grew black with clouds, the wind rose and a heavy rain started.’”

Keep in mind, Elijah said all of this BEFORE it rained. He trusted and believed God, and then when the servant saw even just a small signal of the coming promise and reported it, Elijah, in the position of worship & faith said “GET READY- THE RAIN IS COMING.”
Elijah paid attention and acknowledged even the smallest sign of the coming fulfillment! He decreed it and then what happened: IT RAINED!

Then not longer after, the Holy Spirit brought me to Zechariah 10:1 in the Message version: “Pray to GOD for rain—it’s time for the spring rain— to GOD, the rainmaker...” So that’s what I’ve been doing.

One day recently I was shopping at a shoe store and when I went to check out, the guy, out of the blue, asked me if I wanted an umbrella, for free. I said sure! So I grabbed my freebie and went home. It didn’t dawn on me the significance of that moment until a couple of weeks later while I was swinging on the swings with my daughter who had been playing with the umbrella. Suddenly the Holy Spirit spoke to my heart and said “you don’t give someone an umbrella unless it’s about to rain.” Immediately my heart leapt for joy and I knew the rain was coming!

Over and over He’s been showing me in His word and through little signs all around me that the rain is coming. I know you’re probably sitting there thinking “that’s nice. But what is the rain?”
I’m glad you asked! I believe the rain is both the fulfillment of God’s promises and provision needed in this season. It’s whatever you need it to be! It’s about to rain in your life! Get ready!

My friends, you don’t need an umbrella unless it’s about to rain. The time of fulfillment has arrived! The rain is coming! Amen. 

Love, Kristin 

****************************************************

“You sent abundant rain, O God, to refresh the weary land.”
‭‭Psalm 68:9‬ ‭NLT‬‬

I will give the rain for your land in its season, the early rain and the latter rain, that you may gather in your grain, your new wine, and your oil.” Deuteronomy‬ ‭11:14‬ ‭AMPC‬‬

And Elijah said to Ahab, Go up, eat and drink, for there is the sound of abundance of rain. So Ahab went up to eat and to drink. And Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; and he bowed himself down upon the earth and put his face between his knees And said to his servant, Go up now, look toward the sea. And he went up and looked and said, There is nothing. Elijah said, Go again seven times. And at the seventh time the servant said, A cloud as small as a man's hand is arising out of the sea. And Elijah said, Go up, say to Ahab, Hitch your chariot and go down, lest the rain stop you. In a little while, the heavens were black with wind-swept clouds, and there was a great rain...”‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭18:41-45 AMPC

“The wilderness and dry land will be joyously glad! The desert will blossom like a rose and rejoice! Every dry and barren place will burst forth with abundant blossoms, dancing and spinning with delight. Lebanon’s lush splendor covers it, the magnificent beauty of *Carmel and Sharon. My people will see the awesome glory of Yahweh, the beautiful grandeur of our God.” Isaiah 35:1-2 TPT