Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Father's Call

When I was younger, my dad used to whistle for my brothers and I to get our attention.  He would do that if we weren't in plain sight or if we were in a huge crowd of people.  Through the years he did it so much, and we grew to know it so well that even to this day, if I'm in a crowd of a thousand people, and my dad whistles, my ears recognize the sound and my head turns in that direction as if it were second nature.  I don't even need to think twice about it, it's as if my whole being responds!   My point is, we need to know the voice of our Heavenly Father like that.  When He wants to get my attention, even in a crowd of a thousand people, it should be like the whistle of my earthly father, where my ears are tuned in and trained to respond to the sound.  I've been a born-again Christian a long time, and I'm still learning to hear the voice of God, but I was reminded of the fact that I'm in tune with the call of my earthly father, therefore I NEED to be in tune with the call of my Heavenly Father.  That's my prayer.  That whether I'm alone in a room, or surrounded by a million people, I would hear the "whistle" of my Heavenly Father.
Love, Kristin

"When I whistle to them, they will come running, for I have redeemed them." Zechariah 10:8